Thursday, April 25, 2013

Conjugal visits! (aka R&R)


 Planning our conjugal visit! Under my circumstances they are normally called Deployment R&R, but I have decided to affectingly refer to it as our conjugal visit. It seems very fitting, and lets be real at least a few days of it he and I plan to toss the kids to his parents and run away to a hotel. If that does not yell conjugal visit I don’t know what would.

My wonderful thoughtful husband was asking me questions about location preference and amenities I desire.  I was having a hard time focusing on those details. My mind kept focusing on the fact that after 9 months of not seeing him. I am pretty sure the building could be enchanted and have talking tea cups or just about anything else and I would not care. The hotel is on fire, oh I had not noticed all the smoke. Here hold my beer, I’ll put it out. I’m not wasting one minute of my conjugal visit on being evacuated.

If It were under different circumstances these statement would sound oh so trashy. Thankfully I am married to this handsome man and so it is permitted. Besides although I am sure there will be lots of “fun” involved in our conjugal visit I am just as excited about all the other stuff.

Memories of silly times keep flooding my mind.

Back to the beach party we attended





Hanging out at the house with friends and kids enjoying a drink and high class activates.



Sitting down being our redneck selves having a beer or cheep wine and just enjoying each others company.


We don’t have big plans for R&R, no Disney trips or major parties. I guess that is one good thing about being a kicked back in love couple. We can have a great time, dancing in our kitchen!

I still think its funny. I can put on pearls, a fancy gown and have dinner at the Generals. Drink wine and carry on pleasant even sophisticated conversations but I am just as happy maybe even happier with a stereo, a beer and a bonfire! 



5 comments:

  1. lol@ prison bars..=)))))))))))) semper fi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! My hubby and I are the same way...we prefer just hanging out for the most part at home with some wine and beer. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we are still in the planning stage its still a few mo out. He is one of the last in his unit to get R&R so we will be at 9ish mo before he comes home for that. It is nice to talk about plan and look forward to thought! :)

      Delete
  3. Well, I guess it beats the family bed.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as you're together, it doesn't matter where you are..unless it's public! ;) It is fun to think about but torture too!

    ReplyDelete